Edyson CVT - continuously variable transmission
Variable ratio gearbox using only sprockets toothed gears pinions
This is not an epicicloidal transmission !
Edyson CVT is a stepless speed variator using only toothed gears /sprockets, which can be used on any traditional engine (gasoline, diesel, CNG), electric motors, steam or wind turbines, bicycles (human power), as well as a large number of industrial or agriculutre applications, replacing the current transmission also toothed belt or chain drive, however, every time and need some adjustment of the ratio in a mechanical transmission.
Patent Protected Technology !
The invention consists in the variation of the radius of the trajectory of toothed pinions participating in gear, obtaining in this way the continuously variable transmission, with a mechanical efficiency over 95%, and the torque equal to any mechanical actual solution.
The CVT device can work completely in an oil bath, so there are no mechanical parts that have slippage, overheating or wear and withstands at high speed and power applied.
Thanks to the fact that, and exclusively composed of gears can transmit the usual power than conventional automatic gearboxes or traditional current with the advantage of having small dimensions, less components, lower weight, and also a lower cost.
This CVT gearbox system can replace the V-belt systems, transmissions with varying diameter in a continuous manner, and many others based on friction force then acting as the primary means for transferring the movement, with limited overall power and energy losses inevitable. The current exchange rate can withstand much higher power with minimal power consumption.
The calculation of the efficiency of Edyson CVT has been done by the University of Padua and can reached the following LINK.
The patent also provides a simple addition, not published yet, to eliminate almost entirely the internal oscillations.
Edyson CVT bring a lot of benefits into an electric motors transmission (and also on other transmission systems) because can maintain the electric motor at a relatively constant speed (selected at an optimum efficiency/torque point for the motor) and adjust the vehicle's forward speed by varying the transmission ratio over a smooth continuous range with electronic choice of ratio.
With an efficency about 97% you loose only 3% of energy instead of much more in heat with AC motor and controller.
Other possible applications are bicycles, motorcycles, cars, automobils, boats, gearboxes, electric motors, steam and wind turbine, as well as a large number of industrial or agriculture applications whenever is necessary some adjustment of the gear ratio.
The current prototype demonstrate the high reliability and easy to manufacture. To increase the variation range of this systems can be connected in cascade.
- The possibility to chose any ratio value without any interruption or jumps in the rotation.
- This gearbox variator CVT has the weight and complexity comparable to existing systems.
- Changes the transmission ratio in a continuous manner during operation, even when stationary.
- This gearbox variator system CVT, lightweight, compact and cheap (fully mechanical).
- Can be used as a real traction control without "cutting" the engine.
- Improved efficiency in the traditional combustion engines considerably improving the posivive ecological impact on large scale.
- Increased efficiency - less fuel consumption, less emissions - ecological
- Simple design - produced on existing production lines
- Fewer parts - less cost
- Powerful - a greater range of heavier duty applications